From the time of the Pilgrims and with the support of two Presidential proclamations, a time of Thanksgiving has been paramount to our culture and nation. Plenty of history and preparations go into our modern day Thanksgiving Day celebrations and sometimes the gratitude part becomes relegated to an afterthought.
One great way to get an early jump on the expression of gratefulness this year is to join our Thanksgiving Eve Worship gathering on Wednesday, November 25 at 7:00 PM.
Join us for a time of praise, thanksgiving and reflection inspired by the harvest festivals celebrated in the Old Testament. An offering of specific canned and dry food items will be taken to help support the Orange County Food Bank. Most needed items include:
- Easy Open Food—Pop Tops (ravioli, chili, tuna, etc.)
- Canned Fruits, Meats, Vegetables
- Peanut Butter
- Dry Foods (beans, rice, pasta, mac & cheese, cup-o-soup, cereal, oatmeal, pancake mix)
- Snacks (energy bars, granola bars, fruit leathers)
- Personal Care Items (deodorant, toothbrush & paste, shampoo, soap, diapers, feminine care)
- Drinks (juice, bottled water, tea, coffee)